Isn’t that the phrase that pops up to describe this time of year? It’s a cheerier way of saying “crazy busy.” Or some even more colorful expression that’s likely to get you onto Santa’s naughty list.
Shopping, parties, planning, cooking. Not to mention cranking on end-of-year budgets, finishing up – or sneaking in – one more project before the new year. Here’s the antidote:
Tis the season for the squeezin’. Hug the ones you love.
That’s our holiday wish for you. Time and togetherness with the special people in your life. It’s also the time of year to give a little love to neighbors in need.
In honor of our family, friends and clients, flourish has made a donation to United Way of Greater Cleveland. They served 320,000 people in need last year, providing for basic needs, education, workforce development, safety, and health and human services, as well as putting new focus on solving the root causes of poverty. If you would also like to donate to United Way of Greater Cleveland click here.
If you’d like to give a financial hug to another organization, here are some wonderful nonprofits we’ve had the good fortune to work with or support over the years.
- The Gathering Place offers free programs and services to help with the emotional, physical, spiritual and social needs of individuals and families currently coping with the impact of cancer. To help out, donate here to The Gathering Place.
- Pre4CLE helps ensure all 3- and 4-year-old children in Cleveland have access to high-quality, affordable preschool education opportunities so that every child will start kindergarten ready to succeed. Click here to donate to Pre4CLE.
- The Centers for Children and Families creates life-changing solutions to help people lead healthier, more successful lives through integrated health and wellness, early learning and family support, and workforce development. Support The Centers for Children and Families by clicking the link to donate today.
- The Music Settlement offers music instruction, music therapy, and preschool, day school, and kindergarten to improve quality of life, welcoming all to learn, create, inspire and heal. To help support The Music Settlement click to donate.
- The Jewish Community Federation is the only organization in Cleveland that focuses on the health and vitality of the entire Jewish community, fostering meaningful social change and providing relief in times of crisis. You can click here to donate to The Jewish Community Federation.
- The Care Alliance helps provide medical care for patients regardless of their ability to pay and is the only designed HealthCenter for Cleveland’s homeless. They serve 15,000 patients annually, 99+% below the federal poverty line. Click here to donate to The Care Alliance.
- MedWish works with 120+ NEO healthcare providers to recover medical supplies and equipment they can no longer use, and with the help of thousands of volunteers distribute them to more than 45 developing countries. To show your support you can donate to MedWish here.
- Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity restores homes, strengthening communities and revitalizing neighborhoods. Over the years, they’ve made home ownership a possibility through more than 250 homes in 20 neighborhoods. Donate to the Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity today.
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank operates a food distribution center, providing food to more than 1,000 food pantries, hot meal programs, shelters, programs for the elderly and other agencies, serving more than 350,000 people. You can contribute to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank by making a donation today.
- Cornerstone of Hope offers support, education, and hope for grieving individuals, children and families, as well as grief support resources for schools, businesses, and related professionals in the community. Click here to donate to Cornerstone of Hope.
- Cleveland State University’s Radiance is an annual signature event that has raised nearly $10 million for scholarships for upper level students facing economic pressures, helping to keep students on track to graduation. A donation to CSU Foundation Scholarships would go a long way.
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is a worldwide series of 5K runs and fitness walks to raise significant funds and awareness for the breast cancer movement, celebrates survivors and honors those who’ve been lost. To donate to Susan G. Komen click here.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Leukemia Cup Regatta helps fund life-saving research and treatment for blood cancers. Over $70 million has been raised since 1988, including $270,000 in the 2019 Cleveland event. To help make a difference, donate to the Leukemia Cup Regatta today.
Enjoy the holidays, get as many hugs as you can, and give even more.
check out the next articleview article
©2019 flourish and all work represented. All rights reserved.